Monday, April 20, 2009

Margarita's, Boots, & Power outages

Today has been fantastic, I spent the day with my family and had a pretty fun day! We started off the day getting pedicures, and who doesn't like those? I don't know anyone who doesn't. We went to a salon that we hadn't been to before, and we're just getting started and they ask us what we want to drink. I was thinking water, maybe Coke has an option... oh no, you can get margarita's, martini's and wine! Needless to say, I started my day off right with a strawberry margarita, but it was SUPER strong and at 10 in the morning, I wasn't ready for that. Either way, drinks and pedicures are a great combination.

What goes well with pedicures, but shopping of course! Let me say, I found the most amazing deal at Zona Rosa, it made my entire day. Going to DSW is dangerous territory because it's like taking a little kid to the candy store. But I found a really cute pair of brown boots for $24 bucks! YES!!!! So excited about that!

So its around noon and we start getting hungry and decide to try somewhere new. My mom suggested going to "The Cafe" in the Briarcliff Village so we headed out there. I love Briarcliff Village, it's so pretty. We get there and go inside a few shops and weird, all the lights are off. Apparently something happened and the power was out! Not even thinking, we walk over to the restaurant where we were informed we could order salads since they lost power too and they couldn't cook. No big deal, we'll go somewhere else... right? So we head up to Parkville to try "Frank's", this little family owned Italian restaurant that my friend Ashley said was great. I love Parkville too, it has such a small town feel to it. We get there, just kidding, Frank's is closed on Monday's. Figuring 3rd time is the charm, we ended up at Stone Canyon which is always delicious, but my goodness I never thought getting lunch would be so difficult!

It has been a beautiful day outside! A little windy but the sun is shining (maybe I should be a weather girl... haha!) and sunny days make me happy. A full day of shopping can make a girl tired, I think a nap is in order :)

No comments:

Post a Comment